Welcome to Royelles! You have entered what we like to call the Royelles Revolution Platform (“Platform“), the ultimate virtual universe where players can realize their utmost potential. The Platform is part of a service offered by Royelles that allows users to create, connect, learn with other users to play games, and use content created by you and other users (the “Service“).
Together with you and the rest of our community, we want to ignite the next generation of leaders in STEAM. To accomplish this, we set out below the terms and conditions (“Terms“) that you, a user, and Royelles Inc (“we,” “our,” or “us“) must follow, and are a legally binding agreement between you and us.
Please note that different arrangements apply to users located in the People’s Republic of China (other than in Hong Kong or Macau Special Administrative Regions or Taiwan, “PRC“). If you are a user in the PRC, then Appendix A will apply to you. Please also note that the supplemental provisions apply to users in Japan. If you are a user in Japan, then Appendix B will apply to you.
In particular, we want to point out that by accepting these Terms, you and we are agreeing to arbitrate any dispute between us, and you are giving up your right to go to court either individually (except for matters that may be taken to small claims court) or as part of a class action, except as otherwise provided by the European General Data Protection Regulation. See the Dispute Resolution and Arbitration section below for details.
- Acceptance of Terms
- Legal Agreement. By using or visiting any of our websites, any of our products, software, applications, content, test environments, data feeds, forums, the Platform and the Service, our RRL (Royelles Revolution Live!) event or any other event that we hold and you attend, you signify your agreement to these Terms. If you do not agree to all these policies, rules and the Terms, you may not use the Service. In order to agree to these Terms, you need to (1) be 18 or older, or have your parent or guardian’s consent to agree to the Terms, and (2) have the power to enter a binding contract with us and not be barred from doing so under any applicable laws.
- Changes to Terms. We reserve the right to update or modify the Terms at any time without prior notice, and such changes will be effective immediately upon being posted through the Service; however, material changes to these Terms will be effective upon the earlier of (i) your first use of the Service with actual notice of such change, or (ii) 30 days from the posting of such change. Your use of the Service following any such change constitutes your agreement to be bound by the modified Terms. These Terms will identify the date of last update. Disputes arising under these Terms will be resolved in accordance with the version of the Terms in place at the time the Dispute arose. “Disputes” means any dispute, action, controversy or claim arising out of or relating to any aspect of these Terms, whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal or equitable basis, and regardless of whether a claim arises during or after the termination of these Terms. We encourage you to review these Terms frequently to stay informed of the latest modifications.
- Additional Policies. Your use of the Service is subject to all additional terms, policies, rules, or guidelines applicable to the Service or certain features of the Service that we may post on or link to the Service, and all such additional documents are incorporated by this reference into, and made a part of, these Terms.
- The Service
- Use. Some of the things you can do through the Service are listed directly below.
- Play/Interact. Play, interact, see, view and use (and in certain cases, manipulate and change).
- Imagine/Socialize. Imagine, socialize, chat, play, create, interact and relate with others in many ways.
- Changes or Discontinuance of the Service. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue the Service at any time (including by limiting or discontinuing certain features of the Service) without notice to you. We will have no liability whatsoever on account of any change to the Service.
- Your Account. To access some of the Service features on the Platform, you will need to create an account (“Account“). When you register for an Account or update the information, you agree to provide us an accurate age and information that you will keep up-to-date at all times (providing inaccurate information is a violation of these Terms). You may never allow anyone else to use your Account (except your parents or legal guardian). If you have reason to believe that your Account is no longer secure, then you must immediately notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If anyone asks for your password or personal information (such as your name, address or phone number), please use the Report Abuse feature to immediately report the user and situation. You agree that we may take steps to verify the accuracy of information you provide, including contact information for a parent or guardian.
- Suspension/Termination. If you violate any provision of these Terms, your permission to use the Service will terminate automatically. In addition, we may, in our sole discretion, (a) suspend or terminate your Account and/or your access to the Service, or (b) remove any of your Content Services, at any time, without notice for any reason. We will have no liability whatsoever as a result of any suspension or termination of your access to or use of the Service. If you are under 18, your parent/guardian may request the termination of your Account by contacting customer service at email@example.com
4. Intellectual Property
Ownership of our Intellectual Property. The visual interfaces, graphics, design, compilation, information, data, computer code (including source code or object code), products, software, services, and all other elements of the Service (“Intellectual Property” or “IP“) are protected by law. All IP contained in the Service is our property or our users’ or third-party licensors’ property. Except as expressly authorized by us in these Terms, you may not make use of any IP contained in the Service unless you get separate permission from the owner. We reserve all rights to the IP not granted expressly in these Terms.
License. Subject to your ongoing compliance with these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, personal, limited, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Service on compatible devices that you own or control for your personal, entertainment use. This includes the right to download and use software that we make available for download as part of the Service, in object code form only. This software is licensed, not sold, to you for use only pursuant to the Terms and only in connection with your use of the Service.
- Restrictions. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute or sublicense any portion of the Service, including software. You may not copy, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code, modify, or create derivative works of the Service or any downloaded or underlying software or technology (except as and only to the extent any foregoing restriction is prohibited by applicable law), nor attempt to disable or circumvent any security or other technological measure designed to protect the Service, including any protections for Content Services.
- Breach. If you breach these license restrictions, or otherwise exceed the scope of the licenses granted herein, you may be subject to prosecution and damages, as well as liability for infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Updates. These Terms will govern any updates provided to you by us that replace and/or supplement any part of the Service, unless such update is accompanied by a separate license, in which case the terms of that license will govern.
5. Third-Party Materials.
- Third-Party Materials Disclaimer. Certain portions of the Service may include, display, or make available content, data, information, applications or materials from third parties (“Third-Party Materials“). You agree to use the Service at your sole risk and that we shall not have any liability to you for any content.
- Online Safety. Royelles cares about the safety of our users. If you see any content or materials (including Third Party Materials) on the Service that you deem inappropriate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use at Own Risk. In addition, third-party services (as discussed above) and Third-Party Materials that may be accessed from, displayed on or linked to from your device are not available in all languages or in all countries. We make no representation that such services and materials are appropriate or available for use in any particular location. To the extent you choose to access such services or materials, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with any applicable laws, including but not limited to applicable local laws.
6. Indemnity. You agree that you will be responsible for your use of the Service, and you agree to defend and indemnify us and our officers, directors, employees, consultants, affiliates, investors, business partners, subsidiaries and agents (together, the “Affiliated Parties“) from and against every claim, liability, damage, loss, and expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with: (a) your access to, use of, or alleged use of the Service; (b) your violation of any portion of these Terms, any representation, warranty, or agreement referenced in these Terms, or any applicable law or regulation; (c) your violation of any third-party right, including any intellectual property or proprietary right, publicity or privacy right, property right, or confidentiality obligation; or (d) any Dispute or issue between you and any third party. We reserve the right, at our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you (without limiting your indemnification obligations with respect to that matter), and in that case, you agree to cooperate with our defense of that claim.
7. Disclaimers; No Warranties.
- “As Is.” the Service AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE AFFILIATED PARTIES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, RELATING TO the Service AND ALL MATERIALS AND CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service, INCLUDING: (A) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT; AND (B) ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING, USAGE, OR TRADE. THE AFFILIATED PARTIES DO NOT WARRANT THAT the Service OR ANY PORTION OF the Service, OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT OFFERED THROUGH the Service, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE, OR FREE OF ERRORS, VIRUSES, OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, AND DO NOT WARRANT THAT ANY OF THOSE ISSUES WILL BE CORRECTED.
- No Responsibility. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service WILL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING ANY OF THE AFFILIATED PARTIES OR US THAT IS NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THESE TERMS. YOU ASSUME ALL RISK FOR ANY DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO the Service, YOUR DEALING WITH ANY OTHER USERS ON THE SERVICE, AND ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH the Service. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOU USE the Service, AND USE, ACCESS, DOWNLOAD, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN MATERIALS OR CONTENT THROUGH the Service AND ANY ASSOCIATED SITES OR SERVICES, AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK, AND THAT YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR PROPERTY (INCLUDING YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR MOBILE DEVICE USED IN CONNECTION WITH the Service), OR THE LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF THE SERVICE OR THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THAT MATERIAL OR CONTENT. THESE LIMITATIONS APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
8. Limitation of Liability
- No Consequential Damages. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE AFFILIATED PARTIES BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, OR ANY OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS) ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, the Service OR ANY MATERIALS OR CONTENT ON the Service, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STATUTE, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGE.
- Cap. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE AFFILIATED PARTIES TO YOU FOR ALL CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF OR ANY INABILITY TO USE ANY PORTION OF the Service OR OTHERWISE UNDER THESE TERMS, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, IS LIMITED TO $1,000 (EXCEPT AS NOTED IN THE ARBITRATION SECTION BELOW).
- Basis of Bargain. EACH PROVISION OF THESE TERMS THAT PROVIDES FOR A LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES, OR EXCLUSION OF DAMAGES IS TO ALLOCATE THE RISKS UNDER THESE TERMS BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THIS ALLOCATION IS AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN THE PARTIES. THE LIMITATIONS IN THIS SECTION 10 WILL APPLY EVEN IF ANY LIMITED REMEDY FAILS OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
9. Dispute Resolution, Arbitration and No Class Actions
- No Class Actions and Severability. YOU AND WE AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR OUR INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING, except as otherwise provided by the European General Data Protection Regulation. You and we agree as follows: (a) neither you nor we will seek to have a Dispute heard as a class action, private attorney general action, or in any other proceeding in which either party acts or proposes to act in a representative capacity; (b) no arbitration or proceeding can be combined with another without the prior written consent of all parties to the arbitration or proceeding; and (c) if the class action waiver or any part of this Section 11 is found to be illegal or unenforceable as to all or some parts of a Dispute, those parts will be severed and proceed in a court of law, with the remaining parts proceeding in arbitration.
- Governing Law. These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without regard to conflict of law principles. If a lawsuit or court proceeding is permitted under these Terms, you and we agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the state courts and federal courts located within the Commonwealth of Virginia for the purpose of litigating any Dispute, except as otherwise provided by the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union.
- Arbitration of Disputes
- Agreement to Arbitrate. You and we agree to arbitrate all Disputes (except those exceptions specifically set out in the next subsection) between you and us or our affiliates, except Disputes related to our intellectual property rights. You and we empower the arbitrator with the exclusive authority to resolve any Dispute, including without limitation whether or not any part of these Terms is void or voidable.
- Disputes Excluded from Arbitration. You and we agree that nothing in these Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit your or our right to: (a) bring an individual action in small claims court; (b) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (c) seek injunctive relief in a court of law; (d) lodge a complaint or remedy under the GDPR; or (e) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim or to compel or uphold any arbitration decision hereunder. In such cases, neither you nor we shall need to follow the informal negotiations procedure and timeline set out in the next subsection.
- Informal Negotiations. To help get you and us to a resolution and to control costs for you and us regarding any Dispute, you and we agree to first attempt to informally discuss and try to negotiate a resolution to any Dispute (except the Disputes specifically set out below) for at least 60 days from when notice of the Dispute is sent. Those informal negotiations will commence upon written notice from you to us or us to you. We will send our notice to your registered email address and any billing address that you provided to us. You will send your notice to email@example.com. After 60 days, you or we may commence arbitration. If the Dispute cannot be resolved within that time period, and if either you or we desire to continue the Dispute, the party desiring to continue the Dispute shall commence arbitration.
- Commencing Arbitration. If you and we do not resolve a Dispute by informal negotiation, the Dispute shall be settled by binding arbitration before a neutral arbitrator whose decision will be final except for a limited right of appeal under the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE A DISPUTE IN COURT BEFORE A JUDGE OR JURY AND GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO A CLASS ACTION. Arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its Consumer Arbitration Rules (the “AAA Rules“). You can find more information at www.adr.org or by calling (800) 778-7879. Arbitration may be conducted in person, through the submission of documents, by phone or online. The arbitrator may award damages to you individually as a court could, including declaratory or injunctive relief, but only to the extent required to satisfy your individual claim.
- Fees and Location. If you commence arbitration in accordance with these Terms, we will reimburse you for your payment of the filing fee, unless your claim is for more than $10,000, in which case the payment of any fees will be decided by the AAA Rules. Any arbitration hearing will take place at a location to be agreed upon in the Commonwealth of Virginia, but if the claim is for $10,000 or less, you may choose whether the arbitration will be conducted: (a) solely on the basis of documents submitted to the arbitrator; (b) through a non-appearance based telephone hearing; or (c) by an in-person hearing as established by the AAA Rules in the county (or parish) of your billing address. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In that case, you agree to reimburse us for all monies previously disbursed by us that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules. Regardless of the manner in which the arbitration is conducted, the arbitrator must issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the decision and award, if any, are based. The arbitrator may make rulings and resolve Disputes as to the payment and reimbursement of fees or expenses at any time during the proceeding and upon request from either party made within 14 days of the arbitrator’s ruling on the merits.
- During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by you or us may not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator makes a final decision and award (if any). If you win in the arbitration, and are awarded an amount that exceeds the last written settlement amount offered by us, we will pay you the highest of the following: (i) the amount awarded by the arbitrator or (ii) $10,000.
- Choice of Forum for Disputes That Are Not Subject to Arbitration. You and we agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms that is not subject to arbitration shall be filed, and that venue properly lies, only in the state or federal courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia, United States of America and you consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating such action, except as otherwise provided by the European General Data Protection Regulation.
10. Notice Regarding Apple. To the extent that you are using our mobile applications on an iOS device, you further acknowledge and agree to the terms of this Section. You acknowledge that these Terms are between you and us only, not with Apple, and Apple is not responsible for the Service and the content thereof. Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support service with respect to the Service. In the event of any failure of the Service to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple and Apple will refund any applicable purchase price for the mobile application to you; and, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple has no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Service. Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Service or your possession and/or use of the Service, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Service fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation. Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any third-party claim that the Service and/or your possession and use of the mobile application infringe that third party’s intellectual property rights. You agree to comply with any applicable third-party terms when using the Service. Apple and Apple’s subsidiaries are third-party beneficiaries of these Terms, and upon your acceptance of these Terms, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third-party beneficiary of these Terms. You hereby represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
11. Survival. Any part of these Terms which by their nature should survive the termination of these Terms, shall survive such termination, including without limitation Sections itemized above.
12. Waiver. No waiver of any part of these Terms by either you or us shall be deemed a continuing or further waiver of any such part or any other part of the Terms, and your or our failure to assert any rights or part of these Terms shall not be deemed or otherwise constitute a waiver of such right or part.
13. General. These Terms, together with the other documents expressly incorporated by reference into these Terms, are the entire and exclusive understanding and agreement between you and us regarding your use of the Service. Except as expressly permitted in these Terms, these Terms may be amended only by a written agreement signed by authorized representatives of all parties to these Terms. You may not assign or transfer these Terms or your rights under these Terms, in whole or in part, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may assign these Terms at any time to any entity without notice or consent. This agreement is binding on and inures to the benefit of our respective heirs, successors and assigns. Use of section headers in these Terms is for convenience only and will not have any impact on the interpretation of any provision. If any part of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the unenforceable part will be given effect to the greatest extent possible (or, if it cannot legally be given any effect, will be severed from these Terms), and the remaining parts will remain in full force and effect. Nothing in these Terms shall be deemed to confer any rights or benefits on a third party (other than Apple as noted in the “Notice Regarding Apple” section). YOU AND WE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE SERVICE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
15. Compliance with Laws. You will comply with all laws in your use of the Service, including any applicable export laws. You will not directly or indirectly export, re-export, or transfer the Service to prohibited countries or individuals or permit use of the Service by prohibited countries or individuals.